November 14, 2023
As the holiday season approaches, it's time to enjoy some tasty recipes! Our appliance experts at Standard have compiled 5 easy baking recipes that will add joy to your celebrations. Whether you're hosting friends and family, or attending a holiday party, these recipes are simple to make and are guaranteed to leave your guests craving more. Let’s turn on our new wall oven, and get ready to start baking!
This straightforward cornbread stuffing recipe is a great way to delight your friends and family with its delicious taste and easy process. With just a few basic steps, you can make this side dish. The best part? You can adjust the flavors with various spices and dried herbs to match your preference.
• 10 ounces of dry cornbread mix
• 1/4 cup of melted unsalted butter
• 1/2 cup of chopped celery
• 1/2 cup of chopped onion
• 2 large eggs, gently beaten
• 3/4 to 1 cup of chicken broth
• 1/2 tablespoon of dried parsley
• 2 teaspoons of rubbed sage
• 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
• 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
• Black pepper to your liking
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a baking dish, ranging from 1 to 2 quarts in capacity, with either cooking spray or butter.
2. Follow the instructions on the cornbread mix package. Let it cool completely.
3. While the cornbread is cooling, melt the butter in a spacious skillet over medium heat. Sauté the celery and onion until they become tender (approximately 4 to 5 minutes).
4. In a large bowl, crumble the cooled cornbread into fragments. Combine it with the sautéed vegetables, parsley, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper. Blend the ingredients thoroughly.
5. Gradually incorporate the whisked eggs into the chicken broth. Pour the amalgamation over the cornbread blend and stir it well.
6. Transfer the stuffing mixture to the pre-prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top becomes golden.
7. Serve the stuffing while it's still warm and enjoy!
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional side dish that works well for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any other important event. It consists of sweet potatoes, brown sugar, butter, eggs, and spices, often topped with marshmallows. This simple recipe can be prepared in advance and is straightforward to follow.
• Use dark brown sugar for a richer flavor
• You can replace heavy cream with milk or half-and-half
• Feel free to add extra toppings such as pecans, nuts, or streusel topping
• 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
• 1/2 cup of unsalted butter (melted)
• 1/2 cup of packed light brown sugar
• 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon of salt
• 2 large eggs
• 1 cup of heavy cream
• 1 cup of miniature marshmallows
1. Preheat your oven to 375 F. Using butter, coat a 9x13-inch baking dish.
2. Put the sweet potatoes in a large pot, submerge them with water, and bring them to a boil. Then, lower the temperature and allow them to simmer until they soften (approximately 15 minutes). Drain the sweet potatoes and return them to the pot.
3. Using a potato masher or an electric mixer, mash the sweet potatoes until they become soft.
4. Incorporate the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until they are completely mixed.
5. Add the eggs one at a time. Mix in the heavy cream until the mixture is well incorporated.
6. Transfer the sweet potato mixture to the prepared baking dish.
7. Disperse the marshmallows on the surface.
8. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the marshmallow coat turns into a golden brown color.
These baked mini ham and cheese quiches are a tasty appetizer that works perfectly for any gathering, especially during the holidays. They feature a pastry crust, creamy egg, and cheese filling, topped with savory ham.
•1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
•1/2 teaspoon of salt
•1/2 cup of cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
•4 tablespoons of ice water
• 1 1/2 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese
• 1 cup of chopped ham
• 3 large eggs
• 1 1/2 cups of milk
• 1/4 teaspoon of salt
• 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
• 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin tins with cooking spray.
2. To make the pastry crust, combine the flour and salt in a large bowl. Use a pastry blender or two knives to cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add the ice water and stir with a fork until the dough begins to come together. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and press each piece into the bottom of a muffin tin cup.
3. For the filling, whisk together the cheddar cheese, ham, eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Evenly pour the mixture over the pastry crusts.
4. For the topping, mix the Parmesan cheese and parsley in a small bowl. Sprinkle this combination evenly over the quiches.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the quiches are set and turn golden brown. Allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Tender and delicately sweet, the baked snowball cookies are a timeless festive delight that will leave everyone craving more. Featuring a buttery shortbread foundation and a light dusting of powdered sugar, these cookies are an ideal way to enjoy the holiday season. This simple recipe produces a generous amount of snowball cookies, allowing you to share them with family and friends.
• Walnuts are optional
• Feel free to add other topics: sprinkles, chopped chocolate, drizzle melted chocolate and more
• 1 cup of softened unsalted butter
• 1 cup of powdered sugar
• 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon of salt
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Using parchment paper or silicone baking mats, prepare two baking sheets.
2. In a large bowl, blend the butter and powdered sugar until the mixture turns light and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour and salt.
4. Gradually incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, stirring until they are combined. Add the vanilla extract.
5. If you're using nuts, gently incorporate them into the dough.
6. Use a tablespoon or a small cookie scoop to place the dough on the prepared baking sheets, leaving around 1 1/2 inches of space between each cookie.
7. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies become a light golden brown.
8. While the cookies are still warm, coat them completely in a shallow bowl of powdered sugar.
9. Move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. If desired, roll the cookies in powdered sugar again once they have cooled.
The scent of baked gingerbread cookies is a definite indication that the holiday season is here. These timeless delicacies are not just tasty but also enjoyable to adorn with icing and sprinkles. With only a handful of basic ingredients, you can make a set of gingerbread cookies!
• 3 cups of all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon of baking soda
• 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
• 1/2 teaspoon of salt
• 1/2 cup of softened unsalted butter
• 1 cup of packed brown sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1/4 cup of molasses
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Use a medium bowl to combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until it turns light and fluffy.
3. Blend in the egg, molasses, and vanilla extract thoroughly.
4. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, stirring them just until they are combined.
5. Split the dough in half and cover each half with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
7. Roll out one part of the dough to 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
8. Use cookie cutters to create shapes from the dough.
9. Place the cookies on the baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges become a light golden brown.
10. Remove the cookies from the oven. Allow them to cool down on the baking sheets before moving them to a rack to fully cool down.
11. Once the cookies have cooled, decorate them with icing, sprinkles, or other desired toppings.
In today’s kitchens, wall ovens have become a must-have appliance. They save space and fit right into your kitchen wall or cabinets at eye level, making them easy to use. Additionally, they improve the look of your kitchen making it look more modern. There is also the double wall oven, which has two separate compartments, making it perfect for cooking multiple dishes at the same time.
If you are considering getting a new oven for your kitchen this holiday season, we encourage you to explore the following wall oven models that our kitchen appliance experts have picked and enjoy unbeatable holiday offers.
GE Profile GE Profile™ 30" Smart Built-In Convection Single Wall Oven (PTS7000SNSS)
Why We Like It:
The GE Profile PTS7000BNTS model boasts multiple sophisticated cooking modes that monitor the cooking process. With its integrated Wi-Fi functionality, the oven can be conveniently monitored using a smartphone. Leveraging European convection technology along with direct air circulation, this oven ensures rapid and uniform baking results.
Enjoy preparing healthier and more delectable renditions of your favorite dishes in significantly less time with the revolutionary no-preheat air fry feature. Finally, this oven offers a self-cleaning mechanism supported by a steam cleaning option, making cleanup easier than ever.
LG 4.7 cu. ft. Smart Wall Oven with InstaView® (WSEP4727F)
Why We Like It:
The LG WSEP4727F model incorporates advanced convection technology, ensuring quick preheating through optimal temperature control and efficient hot air circulation. Benefit from the high-temperature air fry function, facilitated by the convection fan. Discover the convenience of steam sous cooking, allowing precise control over the preparation of vacuum-sealed meats, fish, and vegetables.
Finally, admire the elegant appearance of the blue porcelain-enamel interior, while enjoying the ease of managing the oven through the ThinQ(R) app for remote control, timer settings, and monitoring.
Whirlpool 6.4 Total Cu. Ft. Combo Self-Cleaning Wall Oven (WOEC3030LS)
Why We Like It:
The Whirlpool WOEC3030LS model lets you monitor your food easily with its extra-large oven window. Enjoy the convenience of a smooth oven floor, thanks to the concealed bake element located beneath. Keep your dishes warm with the low heat setting, allowing you to finish preparing your meal without worrying about them getting cold. Do not worry about spills or clean-up thanks to the self-cleaning feature in this Whirlpool oven. Read our blog “Whirlpool Self-Cleaning Oven: Effortless Cleanup” to learn more about it.
Additionally, the FIT System Limited Guarantee ensures that your new Whirlpool(R) Wall Oven will fit seamlessly or provides up to $300 for any necessary cabinet modifications.
GE ®27" Smart Built-In Convection Double Wall Oven (JKD5000DNBB)
Why We Like It:
The GE JKD5000DNBB double wall oven model allows you to manage it remotely using the SmartHQ App, enabling easy preheating and monitoring. Experience the benefits of True European convection with its efficient air circulation, courtesy of the convection fan and third heating element. Simplify your cleaning routine with the self-clean feature, complemented by the option for steam cleaning.
Finally, if you're swapping out your current oven with a comparable one from GE, you can be confident it will fit properly. GE will even provide up to $300 to assist with any adjustments needed to ensure a perfect fit
Bosch 800 Series Single Wall Oven 30" Black Stainless Steel (HBL8443UC)
Why We Like It:
The Bosch 800 series HBL8443UC oven offers a Convection Multi-Rack system, ensuring even baking across all racks, supported by a third heating element and a rear-mounted fan that evenly circulates air. Benefit from the telescopic rack, designed to accommodate heavy dishes and pans with ease. Enjoy the convenience of soft-close oven doors that gently stop before closing and then shut quietly. Finally, should anything go wrong with your oven, take advantage of remote diagnosis and monitoring facilitated by the Home Connect support feature.
Whether you're in search of new recipes or planning to upgrade your kitchen with modern appliances, our team is here to assist you every step of the way.
Explore our online catalog, featuring a wide variety of kitchen appliances. From refrigerators, cooking ranges, cooktops, and ovens to dishwashers, we offer a great range of models to choose from. For any inquiries, feel free to reach out to our kitchen appliance experts or visit one of our appliance store locations in Beaverton, Bend, or Portland, OR. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are prepared to answer your questions and help you find the perfect appliance for your needs.
Are there any special holiday recipes that work particularly well with wall ovens?
Holiday classics like casseroles, cookies, and ham can be easily prepared in a wall oven, ensuring delicious and evenly cooked meals.
How can I ensure my wall oven is properly maintained during the busy holiday cooking period?
Maintaining your wall oven during the holiday season involves regular cleaning, checking seals for any wear, and scheduling professional maintenance if needed
Are there any energy-saving tips for using a wall oven efficiently during the holiday season?
To save energy while using your wall oven, consider preheating it only when necessary, avoiding frequent door openings, and utilizing the convection feature for efficient cooking.